This project includes the resurfacing of Apopka-Vineland Road (State Road 535) from south of Lake Bryan Beach Boulevard to Vineland Avenue.
FDOT is also working to improve traffic flow along the corridor by introducing an innovative design known as signalized restricted crossing U-turn (RCUT) intersections at the following locations:
- Vistana Drive
- Vistana Centre Drive/Blue Heron Beach Drive
- Meadow Creek Drive/Lake Vining Drive
- Chick-fil-A/Holiday Inn driveway
RCUT intersections are used to help improve mobility at an intersection and enhance safety for drivers and pedestrians. At a signalized RCUT intersection, traffic from side streets must turn right onto the main roadway and make a U-turn at the next designated median opening. The traffic signals at the intersection and U-turn locations are synchronized to promote efficient traffic flow.
This project will go to construction at the same time as Financial Project Identification (FPID) No.: 441146-1, whose project limits are from south of International Drive to Lake Bryan Beach Boulevard, and from Vineland Avenue to south of Hotel Plaza Boulevard.
Additional improvements include:
- Intersection modifications, including the installation of mast arms and pedestrian safety upgrades;
- Filling in of sidewalk gaps;
- Addition of transit stop boarding areas/landing pads;
- Restriping to add 5-foot-wide bike lanes;
- New crosswalks and reconstruction of pedestrian curb ramps;
- Upgraded signage and pavement markings.
Middlesex Corporation (The)
Wednesday, June 23, through Friday, June 25, from 11 p.m. to 6 a.m.: Westbound I-4 off ramp outside turn lane closure on Apopka-Vineland Road for concrete work and ADA ramps.