This is one part of a two-part project to improve the area around the State Road (S.R.) 200/Interstate 75 (I-75) interchange in Ocala. This part of the project is designed to widen and add turn lanes along S.R. 200/Southwest College Road at the I-75 interchange area from just east of Southwest 38th Court to west of Southwest 36th Avenue, almost one-half mile. Improvements include:
- Creating new turn lanes on eastbound and westbound S.R. 200 to the I-75 on ramps.
- Extending and widening the existing right turn lane from westbound S.R. 200 to the I-75 northbound on ramp.
- Widening the I-75 southbound on ramp and both northbound ramps to add turn lanes.
- Resurfacing, widening, upgrading curb ramps to current Americans with Disabilities Act requirements, pedestrian signal construction, and lighting, guardrail, landscaping, and drainage improvements.
The contractor will maintain access to businesses and residences.
Along with this project, S.R. 200 will be resurfaced from east of Southwest 60th Avenue to east of Southwest 38th Court, approximately 3 miles. The two projects combined total $8 million. More information on this project can be found by searching for 437344-1.
D.A.B. Constructors, Inc.
- There are no lane closures at this time.