|Construction Cost:||$1 Million|
The purpose of this project is to improve safety for drivers and pedestrians along State Road (S.R.) 19 between Stevens Avenue and County Road (C.R. 452) in Eustis. In this area, S.R. 19 is split, with northbound S.R. 19 known as Grove Street and southbound S.R. 19 as Bay Street. This project plans to upgrade multiple intersections within the corridor.
Proposed improvements include:
- Constructing raised crosswalks on northbound and southbound S.R. 19 at the intersections of Magnolia, MacDonald and Clifford avenues.
- Installing New pedestrian crossings equipped with Rectangular Flashing Beacons (RRFBs) on northbound S.R. 19 at the intersections of Norton, Clifford and MacDonald avenues, and Lemon and Eustis Street
- Upgrading existing midblock crossings
- Reconstructing traffic signals on northbound and southbound S.R. 19 at Orange Avenue, and on southbound S.R. 19 at Clifford Street
- Upgrading pedestrian signals
- Reconstructing and extending curbs at intersections and installing ADA-compliant curb ramps at crossings.
A public information meeting about this project was held May 12, 2022. Please see the public meeting information in the files below.
Kisinger Campo Assoc.
|Design Project Manager|