This project includes the resurfacing, restoration, and rehabilitation of Apopka-Vineland Road (State Road 535). Pedestrian safety upgrades will be implemented along the corridor including intersection modifications at Vistana Drive, Vistana Center Drive, Meadow Creek Drive and Vineland Avenue. These intersection modifications will restrict the incoming and outgoing side streets to right turn movements only, but will allow the same movement downstream via a U-turn.
This project will go to construction at the same time as Financial Project Identification No.: 441146-1, whose project limits are from south of International Drive to Lake Bryan Beach Boulevard, and also from Vineland Avenue to south of Hotel Plaza Boulevard.
- Milling and resurfacingthe existing pavement
- Intersection modifications, including the installation of mast arms and pedestrian safety upgrades
- Filling in of sidewalk gaps
- Addition of transit stopboarding areas/ landing pads
- Restriping to add 5-footbike lanes
- New crosswalks and reconstruction of pedestrian curb ramps
- Upgraded signage and pavement markings.
The typical section is proposed to be modified throughrestriping to provide three 11-foot travel lanes and a 5-foot bicycle lane ineach direction.