These intersection modifications will restrict the incoming and outgoing side streets to right turn movements only, but will allow the same movement downstream via a U-turn.
This project will go to construction at the same time as Financial Project Identification No.: 441146-1, whose project limits are from south of International Drive to Lake Bryan Beach Boulevard, and also from Vineland Avenue to south of Hotel Plaza Boulevard.
- Milling and resurfacing the existing pavement
- Intersection modifications, including the installation of mast arms and pedestrian safety upgrades
- Filling in of sidewalk gaps
- Addition of transit stop boarding areas/landing pads
- Restriping to add 5-foot-wide bike lanes
- New crosswalks and reconstruction of pedestrian curb ramps
- Upgraded signage and pavement markings.
The typical section is proposed to be modified through restriping to provide three 11-foot-wide travel lanes and a 5-foot-wide bicycle lane in each direction.