This project will reconstruct U.S. 17/92 from Shepard Road to Lake Mary Boulevard from a rural four-lane roadway to an urban six-lane roadway. This contract includes construction of a new bridge to replace the existing box culvert at Soldiers Creek.
It also includes milling and resurfacing, drainage improvements, signing and pavement makings, lighting, signals, and Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS). Additionally, water mains and force mains for the City of Sanford and Seminole County will be installed.
This project has been combined with:
- 240196-1-56-01 – City of Sanford (Water Main & Force Main)
- 240196-1-56-02 – City of Sanford (6” Force Main around Exfiltration System)
- 240196-1-56-03 – Seminole County (Water Main & Force Main)
Friday, April 3rd, 2020 to Tuesday, April 7th, 2020
Friday, April 3, 8:30 p.m. – Monday, April 6, 6:30 a.m.: Weekend road closure on northbound U.S. 17-92 from County Home Road to Collins Drive/Lake Minnie Drive. Roadways will be closed to traffic except for business access. This closure will allow construction crews to install storm drain pipes in the work zone at Collins Drive.
The following detour will be in place for northbound drivers on U.S. 17-92:
• NB U.S. 17-92 will turn right onto eastbound County Home Road.
• County Home Rd. to Ronald Reagan Blvd. (C.R. 427)
• Turn left (northbound) onto Ronald Reagan Blvd. heading towards Lake Mary Boulevard.
• Turn left onto westbound Lake Mary Boulevard
• Turn from Lake Mary Blvd. to northbound or southbound US 17/92