This project will reconstruct U.S. 17/92 from Shepard Road to Lake Mary Boulevard from a rural four-lane roadway to an urban six-lane roadway. This contract includes construction of a new bridge to replace the existing box culvert at Soldiers Creek.
It also includes milling and resurfacing, drainage improvements, signing and pavement makings, lighting, signals, and Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS). Additionally, water mains and force mains for the City of Sanford and Seminole County will be installed.
This project has been combined with:
- 240196-1-56-01 – City of Sanford (Water Main & Force Main)
- 240196-1-56-02 – City of Sanford (6” Force Main around Exfiltration System)
- 240196-1-56-03 – Seminole County (Water Main & Force Main)
Friday, June 19th, 2020 to Sunday, July 12th, 2020
Monday, June 29, through Thursday, July 2, and Monday, July 6, through Saturday, July 11, from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.: Motorists are advised of periodic work at the Weldon Boulevard and U.S. 17-92 intersection, requiring the eastbound outside right turn lane to close. These closures provide safe areas for storm drain, curb and sidewalk construction.
Wednesday, July 1st, 2020 to Friday, July 10th, 2020
7 a.m. Tuesday, July 7, through 7 p.m. Friday, July 10: Motorists are advised that access to Eslinger Way along U.S. 17-92 will be closed to allow for asphalt paving. The outside (right) lane on southbound U.S. 17-92 at Eslinger Way and the northbound left turn lane on U.S. 17-92 turning into Eslinger Way will be closed as well. The following detour will be in place:
· Motorists traveling eastbound on Eslinger Way will be directed to travel westbound on Eslinger Way and follow Eslinger approximately one mile to County Home Road. Motorists will be directed to turn left onto eastbound County Home Road and travel one block to U.S. 17-92. Motorists will be able to turn onto northbound or southbound U.S. 17-92 or proceed onto eastbound County Home Road.
· Motorists traveling on northbound U.S. 17-92 wanting to turn onto Eslinger Way will be directed to turn left onto westbound County Home Road and travel one block to Eslinger Way. Motorists can turn right onto Eslinger Way and follow Eslinger one mile to access all Seminole County offices, the Seminole County Courthouse and the Seminole County Sheriff’s office.
· Motorists traveling on southbound U.S. 17-92 wanting to turn right on Eslinger Way will be directed half a mile south to County Home Road. Motorists will be directed to turn right onto westbound County Home Road, travel one block to Eslinger Way and follow Eslinger to access all Seminole County offices, the Seminole County Courthouse and the Seminole County Sheriff’s office.
Thursday, July 2nd, 2020 to Sunday, July 12th, 2020
Monday, July 6, through Saturday, July 11, from 8 p.m. to 6:30 a.m. and 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.: Motorists should expect alternating single-lane closures at nighttime and daytime in both directions of travel along U.S. 17-92 at various, multiple locations within the project limits for asphalt paving and temporary lane striping.