This project includes the resurfacing, restoration, and rehabilitation of Kissimmee-Vineland Road (S.R. 535). Pedestrian safety upgrades will be implemented along the corridor including intersection modifications at Vistana Drive, Vistana Center Drive, Meadow Creek Drive and Vineland Avenue. These intersection modifications will restrict the incoming and outgoing side streets to right turn movements only but will allow the same movement downstream via a U-turn. This project will go to construction at the same time as Financial Project Number 441146-1, whose project limits are from South Internal Drive to Lake Bryan Beach Boulevard and also from Vineland Avenue to south of Hotel Plaza Boulevard.
• Milling and resurfacing the existing pavement
• Intersection modifications including the installation of mast arms and pedestrian safety upgrades
• Filling in of sidewalk gaps
• Addition of transit stop boarding areas/ landing pads
• Restriping to add 5-foot bike lanes
• New crosswalks
• Reconstruction of curb ramps
• Upgraded signage and pavement markings
The typical section is proposed to be modified through restriping to provide three 11-foot travel lanes and a 5-foot bicycle lane in each direction.