The goal of this project is to increase pedestrian safety at specific signalized intersections by installing street lighting that offers better visibility. Light Emitting Diode (LED) fixtures will be installed at each intersection, and any existing fixtures will be upgraded to LED. No other intersection improvements are expected in this project. This project improves signalized intersections along SE Maricamp Road (State Road (S.R.) 464), Citrus Boulevard (U.S. 27), U.S. 441, and NW 77th St (S.R. 326) at the following locations:
- SE Maricamp Road at SW College Road
- SE Maricamp Road at SW 3rd Avenue
- SE Maricamp Road at S.R. 35/ Baseline Road
- U.S. 441 at C.R. 329/NE 130 Street
- NW 77th Street at NW 44th Avenue/ I-75 southbound off ramp
- NW 77th St at S.R. 326/I-75 northbound on ramp
Access to businesses will be maintained by the contractor during work activities. Most of the work will occur at night, which will require lane closures between 8 p.m. and 5:30 a.m. and may require temporary sidewalk closures. No daytime lane closures are anticipated.FDOT urges all drivers to stay alert and use caution while driving through or near construction zones. When driving, walking, or bicycling, remember to pay attention and follow the rules. Safety doesn’t happen by accident.