The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) will be milling and resurfacing Kirkman Road (State Road (S.R.) 435) from north of Sand Lake Road (S.R. 482) to south of S.R. 408. Due to the I-4 Ultimate construction, no activities will be performed from north of International Drive to south of Major Boulevard.
Additional activities include:
- Restriping and pavement widening in some locations;
- Minor drainage improvements;
- Curb ramp, bus stop, and sidewalk upgrades to meet Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements;
- Utility coordination;
- Resurfacing, bridge sidewalk demolition, and reconstruction on Metro West Boulevard east of Kirkman Road to Eagle’s Nest Elementary School;
- Pedestrian and bicycle lane improvements;
- Signalization work; and,
- Signing and pavement marking changes.
At the request of the City of Orlando and MetroPlan Orlando, a 10-foot-wide asphalt shared-use path will also be installed as part of this project. The path will run along the east side of Kirkman Road from LB McLeod Road to Raleigh Street and along the south side of Metrowest Boulevard from Kirkman Road to 1,500 feet east of Kirkman Road, where it will connect to the existing shared use path just east of the Metrowest Boulevard Bridge.
Sunday, January 19th, 2020 to Friday, January 24th, 2020
6 p.m. to 7 a.m.
Single or double lane closures from Conroy Road to State Road 408 for paving.