Learn About Plans for the New Orange County Gap Trail
Project Adds Significant Section in the Coast to Coast Trail
Orange County, Fla. -- The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) will hold an open house on Thursday, January 9, from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. regarding the design of a new multi-use trail from Hiawassee Road to north of State Road (S.R.) 414. The open house will be held at ICP Orlando located at 5850 Clarcona-Ocoee Road, Orlando, FL 32810.
During the open house, community members can view project information, speak with project team members, and provide comments on the project. The 3.9-mile Orange County Gap Trail, Segment 2, is part of the Coast to Coast Trail. Improvements proposed as part of the project include:
• Providing a pedestrian/bicycle trail adjacent to the existing roadway;
• Improving crosswalks and pedestrian curb ramps;
• Making drainage and minor structure improvements;
• Installing new traffic signal poles on Clarcona-Ocoee Road at Powers Drive and Pine Hills Road, and on Pine Hills Road at Beggs Road; and
• Modifying the northbound U.S. 441 on ramp to westbound S.R. 414 by replacing the existing right turn with a signalized right turn for safety.
Construction is anticipated to begin in the fall of 2022.
Persons with disabilities who require accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act or persons who require translation services (free of charge) should contact FDOT Project Manager, Anthony Miller, P.E., by phone at 386-943-5530, or via email at Anthony.firstname.lastname@example.org at least seven (7) days prior to the meeting. If you are hearing or speech impaired, please contact us by using the Florida Relay Service, 1-800-955-8771 (TDD) or 1-800-955-8770 (Voice).
Public participation is solicited without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, or family status. Persons wishing to express their concerns relative to FDOT compliance with Title VI may do so by contacting Jennifer Smith, FDOT District Five Title VI Coordinator, at Jennifer.email@example.com.
For media inquiries, please contact the FDOT Communications Office at 386-943-5593 or FDOT-D5COMM@dot.state.fl.us.
Florida Department of Transportation
Safety, Innovation, Mobility, Attract, Retain & Train