I-4 Ultimate: Transformation Taking Shape on the I-4 / S.R. 408 Interchange
- 52.3 miles of pile driven into the ground;
- 44,600 cubic yards of concrete poured;
- 10.5 million pounds of rebar (steel rods) used as support; and,
- 36.6 million pounds of structural steel used.
“Central Florida residents are seeing the results of all the hard work behind the scenes and on the ground,” said John Tyler, the Florida Department of Transportation district engineer for the east-Central Florida region. “The design, engineering, and construction coordination that have turned concepts into reality.”
I-4 Ultimate is an important project for Central Florida. The 21-mile makeover, from west of Kirkman Road in Orange County to east of State Road 434 in Seminole County, is transforming the region to better connect our communities, boost our economy, and improve everyone’s quality of life.
- (Media tours are available based on I-4 Ultimate outreach team availability and media member(s) completing safety course training prior to tour date.)
Florida Department of Transportation
Innovative, Efficient and Exceptional
CFLRoads.com | @MyFDOT_CFL | Facebook.com/MyFDOTCFL | Instagram.com/MYFDOT_CFL