Feedback Opportunity for U.S. 17/92 Improvements
Winter Park -- The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) will hold an informational open house on Tuesday, Jan. 22, 5-7 p.m. about proposed improvements to U.S. 17/92 (Orlando Avenue) (also known as State Road (S.R.) 15/S.R. 600) from south of Nottingham Street to south of Monroe Avenue. The meeting will be held at the Winter Park Community Center located at 721 West New England Ave. in Winter Park.
Project information will be on display, and there will be a presentation on a continuous loop running throughout the meeting. Project representatives also will be available to discuss the project and answer questions.
The project proposes modifications to U.S. 17/92 from south of Nottingham Street to south of Monroe Avenue, primarily within the City of Winter Park. The modifications are included in the City of Winter Park Traffic and Transportation Plan to address safety and improve pedestrian mobility. Proposed improvements include:
- Roadway modification from Orange Avenue to Webster Avenue will include four 11-foot travel lanes, one 12-foot bi-directional unrestricted center turn lane, and 10-foot-wide sidewalks
- Restore concrete pavement and reconstruct signalized intersections at Fairbanks Avenue, Morse Boulevard and Webster Avenue
- Landscaping and streetscaping improvements will be implemented at these intersections and other locations on the corridor
- Upgrade the existing storm sewer system within the project limits
- Evaluate access management improvements between Lee Road and Monroe Avenue:
- Modifications to existing median openings at Glendon Parkway and Elvin Avenue
- Conduct a signal warrant analysis for the Solana Avenue intersection
- Evaluate locations for mid-block pedestrian crossings with raised medians
The project is not currently funded for construction.
Persons with disabilities who require accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act or persons who require translation services (free of charge) should contact Eliode Joseph, P.E., FDOT Project Manager, by phone at 386-943-5388, or via email at Eliode.Joseph@dot.state.fl.us at least seven (7) days prior to the meeting. If you are hearing or speech impaired, please contact us by using the Florida Relay Service, 1-800-955-8771 (TDD) or 1-800-955-8770 (Voice).
Public participation is solicited without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability or family status. Persons wishing to express their concerns relative to FDOT compliance with Title VI may do so by contacting Jennifer Smith, FDOT District Five Title VI Coordinator at email@example.com.
For media inquiries, please contact the FDOT Communications Office at 386-943-5479 or D5-PIO@dot.state.fl.us.
CFLRoads.com | @MyFDOT_CFL | Facebook.com/MyFDOTCFL