Sunday, August 24th to October 11th
- Eastbound Traffic: 8:00 PM through 7: 00 AM
- Westbound and side streets: 8:00 PM until 6:00 AM
Contractor has scheduled lane closures eastbound and westbound on SR 50 between Dean Rd. and Avalon Park Blvd. They will be working on Water and Force main pipe installations, including crossing SR 50 with these lines. This will include closing the inside and outside lanes depending on the activity at the given location. Lanes will be closed one at a time.
Intermittent side street detours will also be in place between Alafaya Tr. and Avalon Park Blvd. on both the north and south side of SR 50.
Woodbury Road just south of SR 50 will have continuous lane closure for the next month (closures began September 22nd). The contractor will be installing new water mains and connect to existing water mains under Woodbury Road. There will be one lane south bound and one lane north bound open to traffic. Depending on the exact location of the existing water main and the connection points it may be possible to open the north bound through lane and left turn lane at the intersection allowing 2 or 3 vehicles to stage in those lanes. The contractor has placed PCMS on Woodbury Road notifying motorist of the lane closures. These advance notices also give motorist the opportunity to choose alternate routes rather than remaining on north bound Woodbury.
- When travelling north toward SR 50 (Colonial Drive)
- Take Lake Underhill to Alafaya Trail
- Take Lake Underhill to Waterford Chase Parkway to Avalon Park
- Take Woodbury to Alafaya Trail via Waterford Lakes Parkway
- When travelling south toward SR 50 (Colonial Drive)
- Challenger Parkway to Alafaya Trail to SR 50 (Colonial Drive)
Maintenance of Traffic (MOT) sheets for Woodbury Road attached below.
This project consists of the widening and reconstruction of the SR 50 roadway from four to six lanes, the addition of bike lanes, intersection improvements, sidewalks, drainage ponds, and bridge culvert replacements.