Bellevue Avenue Bridge Demolition starts Monday, Aug. 3
Volusia County – Motorists need to be on the lookout for detours on I-95 as the Bellevue Avenue Bridge is scheduled to be demolished next week.
Demolition activities will begin Monday-Sunday, Aug. 3-9. Lane closures will be set up starting at 9:00 pm and the full detour will be in place by 10:30 pm. All lanes will be restored by 7:30 am the following morning. Demolition will begin along northbound Interstate 95, and then switch to the southbound side.
To accommodate demolition, there will be well-marked detours. Travelers are advised to slow down, and follow the detour signs through the construction zones. Posted detours will be at:
· Northbound I-95 will exit at Beville Road* (SR 400) and take Williamson Boulevard north to US 92, where access to I-95 northbound will be open
· Eastbound on I-4 to northbound I-95 will be detoured to US 92 eastbound, which will lead you to the I-95 and US 92 interchange, where access to I-95 northbound will be open.
· Those that miss the US 92 off ramp on I-4 will be detoured to Williamson Boulevard and north to US 92, where access to I-95 northbound will be open.
· Traffic going southbound on I-95 heading towards Port Orange will need to exit at US 92 (heading east) in Daytona Beach and follow Williamson Boulevard south to Beville Road (SR 400), where access to I-95 southbound will be open
· Traffic going southbound on I-95 heading towards I-4 westbound will need to exit at US 92 (heading west), where access to I-4 westbound will be open.
The detours will be on one side of the interstate at a time, so that while demolition is happening on I-95 northbound, I-95 southbound will be open.
*Please note: Bellevue Avenue and Beville Road have similar names, but are two totally different roads. Google Maps can assist you with pinpointing those locations.