Between DeLand and Daytona Beach
Deland - Motorists traveling between DeLand and Daytona Beach on US-92 (SR-600) will soon see some changes during their commute. The project contractor has scheduled a traffic shift Thursday, November 10. Here are details:
• Traffic will be split one lane eastbound and one lane westbound.
• Traffic will use the outside lanes.
• Inside lanes will be closed for construction.
• Extends from Kepler Road to just east of Clarks Bay Road.
Also from November 16-through-February, 2012:
• From just east of Clarks Bay Road to just west of Indian Lake Road
• Two way traffic
• On the eastbound lanes
The traveling public should be aware of and watch for adjusted traffic control devices, which will guide them safely through the construction zone. Variable message boards will be in place to also assist motorists.
Motorists are urged to slow down, obey the posted speed limit, and drive with extreme caution through the work zone. Speeding fines are doubled in the construction zone when workers are present.
Please be advised that weather and unforeseen circumstances may affect the construction schedule.