Seminole County – Motorists traveling eastbound and westbound on Interstate 4 between Lake Mary Boulevard and Enterprise Road, may experience delays during a scheduled traffic slowdown (pacing operation) led by local law enforcement. The pacing operation will allow crews time to safely remove an overhead sign structure between CR 46 A and Lake Mary Boulevard. This is occurring as work along I-4 in Seminole County enters its last phases.
· The pacing operations will occur Thursday morning, June 6 and Friday morning, June 7 between 1 a.m. and 4 a.m.
· Pacing for eastbound I-4 traffic begins at Maitland Boulevard and continues to the State Road (SR) 417 Exit
· Pacing for westbound I-4 traffic begins at Enterprise Road and continues to Lake Mary Boulevard
· Traffic using eastbound on-ramps may be delayed at: Maitland Blvd., SR 436, SR 434 and Lake Mary Blvd
· Traffic using westbound on-ramps may be delayed at: Debary Ave., US 17/92, SR 46, SR 417 and CR 46A
All lanes will be open by the morning rush. More than 20 law enforcement officers will take part. Each pacing operation will give crews approximately a 20 minute window to conduct work. Be advised that weather conditions and other unforeseen circumstances could affect construction schedules.
For construction related questions and comments, please contact Public Involvement Coordinator Alicia Arroyo at 407-509-0231 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For media matters, please contact the Public Information Office at 386-943-5479 or email@example.com.
The Florida Department of Transportation urges motorists to drive carefully in construction zones. Also please buckle up, pay attention and don’t text and dive.