Week of February 10th
Osceola, Orange, and Seminole Counties – Work continues on Interstate 4 and motorists should be on the lookout for lane and ramp closures in construction zones near Sanford and south of Orlando, near the attractions. The project(s):
Interstate 4 Project at SR 46 and SR 417
- What's Happening: Traffic shifts and lane closures as the contractor cleans and paints on SR 46 under the I-4 Bridge
- Where: Sanford near State Road (SR) 417, I-4 exit 101C
- When: Contractor will be working from 8 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. starting Sunday night, February 10th through Friday morning, February 15th. The entire duration of the cleaning and painting is estimated at three more weeks
- How It Will Affect Your Drive: Watch for traffic shifting to other lanes and lane closures on eastbound and westbound SR 46. This work will not affect the I-4 mainline or the ramps at SR 46
Interstate 4 Braided Ramp Project
- What's Happening: Contractor will be installing girders as they make headway to complete the relocation of the eastbound I-4 ramp to Osceola Parkway
- Where: Near Celebration on I-4 between US 192 and Osceola Parkway in Osceola County
- When: All work will be taking place during overnight hours (10 p.m. to 6 a.m.) Sunday night, February 10th through Sunday morning, February 17th
- How It Will Affect Your Drive: This will impact all motorists attempting to enter eastbound I-4 from US 192. Detours are in place, and motorists are directed to Osceola Parkway as an alternate route to eastbound I-4.
Mainline Lane Closures
- What's Happening: Contractor will be delivering, assembling and installing overhead sign structures
- Where: I-4 between US 192 and Osceola Parkway in Osceola County
- When: All work will be taking place during overnight hours (10 p.m. to 6 a.m.) Sunday night, February 10th through Wednesday morning, February 13th
- How It Will Affect Your Drive: Overnight closures start with a single lane closure, gradually expanding to a double lane closure on eastbound I-4. Pacing operations are scheduled for Monday night on eastbound and westbound I-4. All lanes are scheduled to reopen each day at 6:00 a.m.
Interstate 4 Paving Project
- What's Happening: Pavement corrections and possible milling and resurfacing
- Where: Orlando's south side, from east of Conroy Road to east of Sand Lake Road
- When: All work is occurring on Wednesday night February 13th from 9:00 pm – 12:00 am
- How It Will Affect Your Drive: There will be a single lane closure on the outside lane on the westbound side of I-4 for pavement corrections. The one lane is expected to reopen at midnight.
Inclement weather or other circumstances may alter construction schedules.
The Florida Department of Transportation urges you to be careful on the road, pay attention, and don’t text and drive. Motorists are urged to drive carefully in construction zones, and that all vehicle occupants buckle up. Safety belts save lives.