Osceola and Seminole counties – Work continues on Interstate 4. Motorists need to use caution when driving through two (2) separate construction zones north and south of Orlando. The projects are:
Interstate 4 Braided Ramp Project
• What’s Happening: Contractor will be installing girders as they make headway to complete the relocation of the eastbound I-4 ramp to Osceola Parkway.
• Where: Near Celebration on I-4 between US 192 and Osceola Parkway in Osceola County
• When: All work will be taking place during overnight hours (10 p.m. to 6 a.m.) Sunday night, January 13 through Sunday morning, January 20
• How It Will Affect Your Drive: This will impact all motorists attempting to enter eastbound I-4 from US 192. Detours are in place, and motorists are directed to Osceola Parkway as an alternate route to eastbound I-4.
I-4 Interchange at SR 46
• What's Happening: Traffic is shifted to other lanes as crews install temporary striping and barrier wall. This allows the contractor to construct the outside shoulder of I-4 in that area
• Where: Westbound I-4 near State Road (SR) 417 in Seminole County
• When: Contractor will be working during the overnight hours only (10 p.m. to 6 a.m.) starting Monday night, January 14 through Friday morning, January 18
• How It Will Affect Your Drive: Watch for traffic shifting to other lanes. Single lane closures will begin at 10 p.m. gradually expanding to a double lane closure at 11 p.m. Crews will be focusing on the westbound side of I-4. All lanes are scheduled to reopen each day in time for the morning rush.
Inclement weather or other circumstances may alter construction schedules.
The Florida Department of Transportation urges you to be careful on the road, pay attention, and don’t text and drive. Motorists are urged to drive carefully in construction zones, and that all vehicle occupants buckle up. Safety belts save lives.