Winter Park - The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) is proposing a project to improve safety near the railroad crossing on U.S. 17/92, south of Orange Avenue, in Winter Park. The project calls for installing a raised, grass median in the area of the railroad crossing, north and south of the crossing.
Since this has the potential to impact traffic flow, as well as access to-and-from businesses or homes, a public hearing is being held Thursday, August 10, 2017 at the Winter Park Civic Center, 1050 W. Morse Boulevard, Winter Park, FL. In addition, information will be available related to pavement marking improvements proposed for the railroad crossing on State Road (S.R.) 426, east of Pennsylvania Avenue, in Winter Park.
This hearing is conducted to give interested persons an opportunity to express their views concerning the proposed safety improvements. The schedule:
· Open house begins at 5p.m., where attendees may view displays, as well as mingle and speak with staff
· Formal presentation at 6p.m., followed by a public comment period
· Public hearing/meeting concludes at 7 p.m.
The public may participate in following ways:
· Speak publically at the hearing during comment time, which follows the formal presentation
· Provide verbal comments directly to a court reporter before and after the formal presentation
· Provide written comments the night of the hearing
· Send written comments by mail to Ashraf Elmaghraby, P.E., Florida Department of Transportation, District Five Traffic Operations, 719 S. Woodland Boulevard, M.S. #562, DeLand, FL 32720
· Email comments to email@example.com.
All statements, postmarked no later than August 20, 2017, will become a part of the public hearing record. The draft project documents and other information are also available for public review until August 20, 2017 at the Winter Park Public Library, 460 E. New England Avenue, Winter Park, FL.
Persons with disabilities who require accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act or persons who require translation services (free of charge) should contact Ashraf Elmaghraby, P.E., FDOT Project Manager, by phone at 386-943-5645, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the hearing. If you are hearing or speech impaired, please contact us by using the Florida Relay Service, 1-800-955-8771 (TDD) or 1-800-955-8770 (Voice).
Public participation is solicited without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability or family status. Persons wishing to express their concerns relative to FDOT compliance with Title VI may do so by contacting Jennifer Smith, FDOT District Five Title VI Coordinator by phone at 386-943-5367, or via email at email@example.com.
Please direct media inquiries to FDOT East-Central Regional Communications Manager Steve Olson, 386-943-5479, firstname.lastname@example.org.