SUNRAIL OFFERING SERVICE SATURDAY, DECEMBER 3
Sanford – The Florida Department of Transportation is pleased to announce that SunRail will offer Saturday service on December 3, 2016, as a fun ride to shopping, events and more. This special service is part of a pilot project and is a privately funded initiative.
On Saturday, SunRail service begins with the first train leaving southbound from the DeBary station at 1 p.m. Please visit www.sunrail.com to see the entire Saturday schedule. Major venues this weekend cover sports, performances, concerts, as well as other events throughout the area.
Due to the popularity of some train trips on past Saturdays, SunRail urges riders to get to the stations at least 30 minutes early, especially if you are purchasing tickets at the vending machines located on the platforms. www.golynx.com
The last northbound train leaves the Sand Lake Road station at 10:45 p.m. and arrives in DeBary at 11:48 p.m. Regular fares apply. Future Saturday service dates are being explored.
For more information about SunRail, including pricing, station locations, as well as the regular weekday schedule, please visit www.sunrail.com.
SunRail on Saturday Tips
· SunRail will be collecting fares on Saturday
· Arrive at the station platforms at least 30 minutes in advance of your train
· Remember to tap on and tap off with your ticket, so your trip will register
· Please check the SunRail schedule at www.sunrail.com to make sure you don’t miss your train
· If you are using LYNX to make downtown or other connections, please check LYNX bus schedules to see what time buses run: www.golynx.com
· No food or beverages are allowed on the train, nor is smoking allowed on the train and platforms
· Please be courteous to others, fold up strollers, store bikes properly as the trains may be crowded
· Please be careful around trains, railroad crossings, and while at station platforms. Be smart. Be safe.