Gear Up for Gators-Seminoles Game-Day Traffic with Florida’s 511
Call 511, Visit FL511.com, Download the 511 Mobile App or Follow 511 on Twitter
TALLAHASSEE – Navigating traffic congestion around Ben Hill Griffin Stadium on Saturday, November 28, when the Florida State Seminoles visit the Florida Gators will be easy with the Florida Department of Transportation’s (FDOT) 511 Traveler Information System.
The 511 system provides up-to-date traffic information – crashes, congestion, construction and more – on all of Florida’s interstates, most toll roads, and other major metropolitan roadways, including I-75 and I-10.
There are five convenient ways for all motorists, including students, alumni, boosters and tailgaters, to receive traffic updates:
· Call 511 toll free for updates in English and Spanish.
· Visit FL511.com for interactive roadway maps showing traffic congestion and crashes, travel times and traffic camera views.
· Sign up for a “My Florida 511” account at FL511.com to create custom routes and register for email, text or phone alerts.
- Customize your trip at FL511.com before leaving to minimize time spent on the phone.
- Always wear a safety belt.
- Don’t drink and drive.
- Make sure to observe and obey all traffic laws, signs and signals.
Florida 511 Features
· Traffic information on all interstate highways, toll roads and many other metropolitan roadways.
· Commuter travel times and reports on crashes, congestion and construction.
· Public transit, airport and seaport information.
· AMBER, Silver and LEO Alerts. America’s Missing: Broadcast Emergency Response (AMBER) Alerts notify the public of the most serious child-abduction cases. Silver Alerts notify the public when law enforcement agencies are searching for missing adults or citizens with cognitive impairments, including Alzheimer’s disease or other forms of dementia. Law Enforcement Officer (LEO) Alerts notify the public when law enforcement officers are searching for an offender(s) who has seriously injured or killed a law enforcement officer.
· Travel information, traffic camera views and free personalized services, including customized travel routes and email, text and phone call alerts, available on FL511.com.
· Voice-activated and touch-tone navigation available when calling 511.
· The 511 phone call and FL511.com website are available in English and Spanish.