Paving Will Affect Ramps
Orange County – Lane and Ramp closures on I-4—from east of Conroy Road to east of Sand Lake Road—as the Florida Department of Transportation continues resurfacing the westbound side of the interstate. The planned lane closures are as follows:
• September 16 (Sunday night) – September 21 (Friday morning)
• Work will occur from:
9 p.m. to 5 a.m. for I-4 lanes and ramps
11 p.m. to 5 a.m. for Turnpike ramps
• Traffic could be reduced to one lane during a portion of that time period
Sept. 16th, 2012 - Sunday Night
Lane closures for Milling and Resurfacing –
For the Turnpike: I-4 Mainline outside lanes will be closed from 11 p.m. – 5 a.m. with detours
For Kirkman on ramp: Kirkman ramp inside lanes (alternating) will be closed from 9 p.m. – 5 a.m.
Sept. 17th, 2012 - Monday Night
Lane and ramp closures for Milling and Resurfacing –
For the Turnpike: Turnpike on ramps will be closed from 11 p.m. – 5 a.m. with detours
For the shoulders: Closure of inside lane from 9 p.m. – 5 a.m.
Sept. 18th, 2012 -Tuesday Night
Milling and Resurfacing of Universal off-ramp –
Universal Off ramp with detour in place will be closed from 9 p.m. – 5 a.m. with detours
Sept. 19th, 2012 - Wednesday Night
Milling and Resurfacing of Universal on-ramp –
Universal on-ramp will be closed from 9 p.m. – 5 a.m. with detours
Sept. 20th, 2012 - Thursday Night
Milling and Resurfacing of Sand Lake on-ramp –
One lane of the Sand Lake Road on-ramp and outside lane on I-4 will be closed from 9 p.m. – 5 a.m.
• Use exit 75A (Kirkman Rd. - exit on left)
• Make right on International Dr.
• Make right on Universal Blvd. to I-4 eastbound and take exit for the Turnpike
Turnpike on-ramp --
• Use I-4 eastbound to Conroy Rd. (West) to I-4 westbound
Universal off ramp --
• Use exit 74A (Sand Lake Rd.)
• Make right on Sand Lake Rd.
• Make right on Turkey Lake Rd.
• Make right on Hollywood Way
Universal on-ramp --
• Use Hollywood Way to Turkey Lake Rd.
• Make left on Sand Lake Rd. to I-4 westbound
Be advised that weather conditions and other unforeseen circumstances could affect construction schedules.
The Florida Department of Transportation urges you to buckle up, stay alert, and don’t text and drive.