Orange County – Motorists need to watch out for single lane closures beginning Sunday, July 22nd for removing and replacing striping along I-4, south of Orlando. These repairs are associated with the new overpass being built as part of a new road network permitted by Orange County. The single lane closures are occurring on the interstate, between Central Florida Parkway and S. Apopka Vineland Road.
Contractors will begin by closing the inside eastbound lane of I-4, then will close the inside westbound lane.
Details are as follows:
• July 22nd (Sunday night) to July 24th (Tuesday morning)
• Closure of the inside eastbound lane of I-4
• Closure of the inside westbound lane of I-4
• From 9:00 p.m. to 6:30 a.m.
• Contingency dates are: July 24th (Tuesday night) to July 26th (Thursday morning)
• Be advised that weather conditions and other unforeseen circumstances could affect construction schedules.
The Florida Department of Transportation urges motorists to drive carefully in construction zones, and that all vehicle occupants buckle up. Safety belts save lives.