Orange County – Motorists need to watch out for single lane closures beginning tonight, July 15th for work work on a barrier wall, along I-4, south of Orlando. These repairs are associated with the new overpass being put in as part of a new road network permitted by Orange County (http://www.orangecountyfl.net/TrafficTransportation/RoadwayProjects/WildwoodAreaRoadNetworkIRCA.aspx.)
Contractors will begin by closing the inside eastbound lane of I-4, then will close the inside westbound lane.
Details are as follows:
• Tonight, July 15th (Sunday night) to July 16th (Monday morning)
• Closure of the inside eastbound lane of I-4 on Sunday
• Closure of the inside westbound lane of I-4 on Monday
• From 9:00 p.m. to 6:30 a.m.
• Be advised that weather conditions and other unforeseen circumstances could affect construction schedules. Contingency dates are set during the early-mid part of the week if weather is a factor.
The Florida Department of Transportation urges motorists to drive carefully in construction zones, and that all vehicle occupants buckle up. Safety belts save lives.